Tunes in my head: Midtown by Tom Waits
Atmosphere: Fried.
Why do we listen to music? What's the appeal?
Some people listen to it in order to just dance to, utilising the rhythmic foundation and nothing more.
Some people listen to it in an effort to annoy people - "oh, hey, Miley Cyrus is METAL, yo."
Some people listen to it in an attempt to fit in with a clique, the core contingent coming especially to mind there. I mean, sure, some people like it because of it's music, but I think a vast majority are just latching on to the latest thing.
I listen to music in an attempt to detach, to hide.
To escape from the realities of the world.
I mean, when the pain comes, the best way for me to escape is through a twenty minute funk exploration or a quirky song about rain dogs or something along those lines, right? Something I can't empathise with?
Maybe.
Some days I look for something to empathise with, something rather emotionally charged. Something where I realise that my emotions are not alone, that other people do feel like I do.
I do, really. Even though nothing could really accurately and fully empathise with me (I mean, after all, we're all unique), there are songs that I twist and which further resonate.
It's the way to cope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Eh. I'm sure everyone's had to do that at least once in their life.
I know I did, couple of years ago... You all remember, need I remind you?
Anyway. Chin up.
Actually, that reminds me... The Queen used to have thorns or something put under her chin, so that she'd ACTUALLY have to keep her chin up... Royalty.. hahaha
Royalty ftfw xD
Anyway, I listen to music because of the emotional responce it evokes in me, rather than to fit in or escape. I have Happy and Sad songs...pick up and put down songs...everything like that.
Post a Comment