Tunes in my head: The Rainbow by Talk Talk
Books of a page: Damned To Fame - The Life Of Samuel Beckett by James Knowlson. Yeah, I'm taking my time and really biting into it.
Atmosphere: Paradoxical.
Is there anything worth dying for, really?
In the past, people have died in the thousands, in the millions for some ridiculous cause that there's an easy way around. You had warlords who would force people into wars it was impossible to win. And so they ran off the side of the cliff like some demented lemmings.
But in this day and age, is there anything worth the ultimate sacrifice?
You hear these stories of people killing themselves for love. But is love as intense as this worth our demise? Is an emotion meant to be what we die for?
I don't think so. To die for someone would be to deify them. And no matter how good they are at things, and how much you care about them, nobody deserves to be elevated above the level of humanity.
No matter how good they are.
Is there a cause that deserves people to run into death blindly for it's own satisfaction? I don't think so. I don't think much is worth sacrificing the moments of humanity to come.
Life is short, at best. And so we must squeeze every moment out of it we possibly can.
Because before you know it, it'll be taken away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment