Thursday, November 26, 2009

The thrill, the sweetest chill.

Tunes in my head: Fragile Dreams by Anathema
Atmosphere: Uplifted


Why do we have doubt within ourselves?

Is it because the moment of doubt is so much more potent than the moment of elation?

I basically taught a class today. And apparently I did extremely well. But even afterwards, I still had this lingering taste of doubt flowing through my mind.

I got the oppurtunity to do what I love - write. And to be paid a significant sum for it.

But what do I do? I doubt the fact that it may happen. I doubt my abilities to do what I apparently do so well.

Why do we do this, humanity?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your failure is what has fueled you in your writing and such (or so you seem to suggest), and now you're not failing. So you subconsciously concoct something to produce the feelings of having failed (or going to fail) without the need to have actually done so.