Tunes in my head: The Spirit of Radio by Rush
Atmosphere: Excited
What motivates us to write in these little white boxes?
Do we actually have an aim in these snippets of thought?
I'm sure some of my fellow writers would. They would try to persuade a reader over to a particular line of thought.
On my end, I merely write to entertain and to engage.
In April, some of you know that I wrote a play. Sleeping Monkeys. A torrential love story, ending in a happy ending (yes, what the fuck. I NEVER end things happily.)
The amount of joy I got when finishing it up was immense and intense.
Life got put on hold for thirty days.
This time, I'm writing a novel for NaNoWriMo. I alluded to it early.
Fifty thousand words, thirty days to write them in.
Of course, they picked a fantastic month to throw it in. It's not like I'm busy or anything.
But I will get it down. Anything to get that sense of satisfaction, right?
The journey of the first novel begins in an hour and twenty two minutes.
We'll see if I survive it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment